Priligy: What Is The Efficacy vs Safety Ratio of Dapoxetine?
According to statistics, about 20-30% of men of all ages face the problem of premature ejaculations at some point of their life. In fact, determining the percentage of men suffering from this disorder is rather challenging, since they avoid discussing that with their doctors and even partners, due to embarrassment.
No doubt, that issue has a disastrous impact on their sexual life and relations with partners/spouses. Besides, it is likely to cause emotional and psychological problems and influence other spheres of life as well.
Basic Facts about Premature Ejaculation
A premature ejaculation is an ejaculation that occurs at the moment when a man/his partner is not satisfied yet. Yes, if a man feels OK, but his partner needs more time to get an orgasm, that problem should not be ignored.
Here are the symptoms of the disorder:
- In most cases an ejaculation occurs after a very short period of stimulation, and a man cannot control it.
- Ejaculation problems cause a decrease in sexual desire.
- A man faces psychological problems, such as the feeling of guilt, frustration or even depression.
If you notice any of the symptoms listed above, having a consultation with a doctor is a must. Do not postpone until the situation gets unbearable. In many cases specialists prescribe medications that can solve the problem without delay. The most popular option is Priligy.
Priligy (Dapoxetine) – the Medication that Can Help a Man Last 2× Longer in Bed
Priligy is the medication for treating premature ejaculations, which is produced in the form of oral tablets. The active ingredient used is Dapoxetine. There are 2 versions available ― 30 mg and 60 mg. As a rule, patients are prescribed 30 mg at the start.
Dapoxetine is an SSRI, which means that it makes serotonin more active. Serotonin is the hormone that is responsible for transmitting signals between nerve cells, including those, which are involved in controlling ejaculations. As a result, a man can get his erections under control and postpone them for as long as he wishes.
Priligy is not a daily medication. You should use it only on the days when you plan to have sex. You are likely to feel the effect from the very first tablet! Specialists recommend taking the medicine about an hour prior to an intercourse, so that there is enough time for a tablet to start working. The effect lasts for about 2-3 hours.
Priligy Tablets ― the Affordable Alternative to the Brand Product
When you get a prescription for Priligy from your doctor, you are likely to buy it without hesitation. But, in addition to original Priligy manufactured by Eli Lilly, there are other options available. The point is that the branded pills are costly enough, so, many men cannot afford to buy them on a frequent basis. That’s why most consumers opt for cheaper analogues ― generics. These are the copies of the brand drug that are produced by other pharmaceutical companies and are sold at much lower prices.
Generic products are almost identical to original Priligy:
- They contain the same active ingredient ― Dapoxetine.
- They treat the same diagnosis.
- The effect is the same.
- There is no difference in use.
- There are also 30 mg and 60 mg tablets, but some manufacturers offer 90 mg pills as well.
To get the right to manufacture and distribute generic Priligy, a company has to prove that its product is equivalent to the original pills, safe and effective. The production of generics is controlled by the corresponding governmental bodies in the same way as that of brand drugs.
As you can see, there is no significant difference between the brand tablets and their generics. Still, there is a range of details that may be changed, and you should take that into account:
- As a rule, generics are named in a different way. Still, it will be easy for you to find the product needed, search by the name of the active substance ― Dapoxetine.
- Alternative flavorings, colorants and other auxiliary ingredients may be used. So, if you are allergic to some substances, be sure to have a close look at the composition of a product before buying. However, it may also turn out that you are allergic to some substances used in the brand tablets.
- They may look slightly (or even completely) different. That fact does not influence the effect in any way.
One more point to discuss is safety. Many consumers avoid buying generics, due to all sort of prejudices. When you are not so well-versed in the pharmaceutical business, it may be difficult for you to understand why generics are so cheap. There is a myth that a reduction in price is associated with quality problems.
But, in fact, there is no difference in quality, safety or effectiveness, but there is a dramatic difference in expenses. When one wants to start selling a new drug, he has to invest money in developing, testing, patenting and marketing, and these expenditure items influence the cost of a final product. On the other hand, when one plans to manufacture a generic, he just needs to find a formula, which has already been invented by someone else, and to copy it. As a result, he saves huge sums of money and gets an opportunity to offer a lower price.
So, if you cannot afford original Priligy or see no sense in overpaying, buying the generic version is a great option. It will help you overcome the problem of premature ejaculations in a fast and safe way and will not hit you in the pocket.
Top 10 Tips on Using Generic Priligy
- Follow the doctor’s instructions. In case you make a decision to buy generic Priligy online, the pharmacy may sell it without a prescription from your doctor. Many companies, operating on the Internet, hire licensed specialists, so that they provide their customers with medical recommendations. They will probably ask you to fill in a special questionnaire to get a clear idea of your health status and needs, and that will be OK. Still, having a consultation with your doctor is a must, since he is the only one who sees a full picture of your health.
- Take a pill only on the day when you plan to have sex.
- Do not take more than 1 tablet per 24 hours.
- Swallow a pill as a whole along with a glass of water. That is likely to help you avoid such side effects as dizziness, nausea and feeling faint.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, when taking generic Priligy. That may make you feel sleepy or lead to an increase in the risk of losing consciousness.
- Do not take any recreational drugs or narcotics, when using these pills.
- Do not mix grapefruits or grapefruit juice with Dapoxetine, otherwise side effects may get more intense. After consuming these products, it is advisable to wait for at least 24 hours before taking the medication.
- If you feel dizzy or faint after taking the medicine, do not put your well-being at risk and avoid driving.
- In case you notice any side effects, contact your doctor. He will adjust the dosage or offer an alternative product.
- If you do not see any results after taking a couple of tablets, be sure to visit the specialist as well. It may turn out that the dosage is too small or the product doesn’t suit you. Most importantly, do not change the dosage at your sole discretion, that is dangerous.
In case you follow the recommendations, presented above, the use of Priligy will help you solve the sexual problems without any serious health consequences.
Sources used in this article: